Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blackforest Blueberry Chocolate Sponge Cake

Last week was our anniversary and I baked L his favorite black forest blueberry chocolate sponge cake for the first time. I used the simple sponge cake recipe from Yochana's blog. I was advised to use the optima chocolate sponge cake mixed flour for new bakers. But I was lazy to get out of the house just to get that. So, with my limited ingredients at home, I came up with this.


The cake turned out really good! It was yummy and very soft inside. In fact Yochana's recipes hardly fail. And I guess I will try to bake more as I'm not intimidated by the whole baking process now. I'm going to use butter instead of corn oil in my next bake to see if it's of any difference.

Here's the modified ingredients for my own bake:

Ingredients:
4 eggs

110 gm sugar

80 gm cake flour

20 gm cocoa powder
60 gm butter/cornoil
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
1. Whisk eggs and sugar till light and fluffy
2.
Fold in the cake flour lightly, try not to deflate the eggs
3.
Pour in cornoil, vanilla essence and stir lightly
4.
Pour into a 8" round cake tin and bake at 170C for about 45 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.

1 comment:

Chok Keun said...

wow, the cake looks so yummy, just like one bought from the bakery shop.